BYD Solutions Ltd is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal information will be treated when you contact us via our website, speak to a member of our staff, send an email or letter.
What personal information do BYD Solutions Ltd collect?
BYD Solutions Ltd collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through your use of our website, for example:
- Information about yourself and the company you work for, when you contact with us. This may include your name and contact details, your company name and company details, information about your role in the company, and how you heard about BYD Solutions Ltd.
- Transaction, billing and delivery / site information, if you place an order with us or contract for one of our services.
- Records of your interactions with us, e.g. if you send an email or letter.
How does BYD Solutions Ltd use my personal information?
Depending on how you use BYD Solutions Ltd your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil your order and/or provide you with the services you have contracted for.
- To manage and respond to any queries.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have placed an order with us, we use your personal data to process the payment / invoice and fulfil your order).
- Because it is in the legitimate interests of BYD Solutions Ltd companies and your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
With whom does BYD Solution Ltd share my personal information?
BYD Solutions Ltd needs to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
- Credit & Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- Media: From time to time, we may release aggregated and anonymised marketing statistics to business partners, or may use these in press releases, advertising, or published reports. We would only personally identify you or any other customer in such press releases, advertising, or reports with your prior consent.
- Business or Asset Sale: In the event that we sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy statement.
BYD Solutions Ltd companies may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of BYD Solutions Ltd companies, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so
Where do BYD Solutions Ltd store my personal information, and how long for?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have placed an order with us, we will keep a record of your order for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example correspondence of works) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
What does BYD Solutions Ltd group do to protect my personal information?
BYD Solutions Ltd always aim to deliver the highest level of service and security to our customers.
In order to ensure the security and protection of your personal details whenever you submit any sensitive information such as credit card number and account details, that is no longer required by the Company for business reasons must be discarded in a secure and irrecoverable manner.
How do BYD Solutions Ltd group use my personal information for marketing?
BYD Solutions Ltd we may send you emails or call you regarding products and services. In addition, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products / services that we feel may be of interest to you.
It is likely that some or all of these marketing messages may be tailored to you, based on what we know about you and/or your company, for example from your order activity.
If you no longer want to hear from us, at any time you can:
- Email us at: [email protected]
How can I access, update, correct or delete my personal information?
If you have a query regarding your personal information, please contact us using the details below. Under UK data protection law, you have the right to access (including in a machine-readable format), correct, and request the erasure of your personal data, and BYD Solutions Ltd will comply with any requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
For questions regarding this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, please get in touch.
You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing.
This Privacy Statement was last updated in May 2018